The Role of Invisalign in Preventing Future Dental Problems
Besides helping you manage dental problems better, Invisalign provides a comfortable treatment that delivers long-term results faster than traditional braces. If you have crooked teeth or other issues impacting your smile, Invisalign can help you improve your oral and physical health like most orthodontic treatments.
When you consider treatments like Invisalign to straighten your teeth, kindly do not assume the innovative clear aligners you get from the dentist near you will merely change the appearance of your smile. Invisalign orthodontic treatment also helps with dental issues later that might strike you if you decide not to treat your crooked and misaligned teeth to become vulnerable to various dental problems.
Here Are Some of the Ways Invisalign Can Help Prevent Future Dental Issues
- Correcting Bite problems: when your teeth are incorrectly aligned, the top and bottom sets cannot match perfectly. When you encounter challenges with biting, you end up swallowing large chunks of food to become prone to indigestion, making you need treatments from your healthcare provider to correct the problems. However, when you decide to straighten your teeth with Invisalign treatment near you, the therapy helps overcome the challenges you confront to improve your digestion and enjoy better overall health. In addition, with a misaligned bite, you find it challenging to chew foods, speak, or prevent expensive dental issues. Overbites and underbites cause your teeth to loosen and other problems if left untreated. You can remedy the situation with clear aligners if your bite problems result from misaligned teeth. The virtually invisible clear braces will pull your teeth into ideal positions, allowing your jaw to rest naturally.
- Straightening Teeth: crooked and misaligned teeth disallow you to maintain proper dental hygiene making brushing and flossing your teeth more accessible. While straightening teeth with Invisalign clear aligners, you can remove the aligners from your teeth when cleaning them and brush your teeth as usual. In addition, your teeth continue straightening without halting the orthodontic treatment as long as you replace the braces over your teeth soon after cleaning them. Therefore the treatment provides multiple benefits when undergoing the therapy to help you overcome the problems with your misaligned teeth.
- Closing Gaps: gaps between your teeth, besides looking ungainly to impact your smile, also become a breeding ground for food particles and dental plaque to remain trapped. However, Invisalign treatment from the dentist in Woodbridge, VA, helps close the gaps making it easier for you to clean your teeth and prevent dental infections like tooth decay, periodontal disease, et cetera.
- Improving Gum Health: your gum health undoubtedly becomes a victim of crooked teeth because they don’t allow you to remove dental plaque efficiently. Non-removal of plaque from your teeth ensures it hardens into tartar within 48 hours to make you a victim of gum disease requiring lifelong maintenance and treatments from dentists with intensive therapies involved. If you think orthodontic treatment causes more problems when cleaning teeth, Invisalign will ensure you encounter no challenges because the aligners are removable to help you clean your teeth without hindrance. The ease at which you can clean your teeth and remove dental plaque accumulated on them helps improve gum health and prevents unnecessary expenditure you think may result from unknown problems, but in reality, it is your orthodontic imperfections that cause them.
- Preventing Jaw Problems: are you aware that temporomandibular joint disorders result from an imbalance between your upper and lower teeth? Irregular biting patterns often result in the compromised functionality of your jaws when biting and chewing as part of your everyday activities. Over time the minor compromised movements can lead to joint pain and structural damage. Instead of using pain relievers to overcome the symptoms or thinking surgery is your only option, it helps if you visit Dr. Lofti about aligning your teeth to help you reduce muscle strain and fatigue accompanying TMJ disorders. When you establish a healthy and aligned bite by seeking Invisalign treatment in Woodbridge, VA, the therapy helps prevent jaw problems while giving you all the benefits described above, besides reducing the symptoms of jaw pain, migraines, muscle fatigue, et cetera.
With crooked and misaligned teeth, it doesn’t help if you think you can correct the problems with metal and wire braces because orthodontic treatments have changed dramatically over the years. Therefore it helps if you research an alternative method of straightening your teeth to benefit from all the above and more and prevent dental problems later in life.
If you think your teeth are improperly aligned, Woodbridge Comfort Dental Care provides comfortable, convenient, and speedy therapy to help you overcome the challenges. Consult them today to determine your candidature for Invisalign treatment to prevent future dental problems.